Arts Management / PR, Marketing Internship
Hadley Hutton, a professional visual artist seeks a qualified individual to fulfill an internship for visual arts management; duties include publicity, marketing, and professional development
Task and projects are as follows:
- Public Relations - write pitch letters and work on creating, compiling, and sending press kits, and e-mails to garner media coverage. Research prospective media venues.
- Marketing research and outreach - research galleries, stores, exhibitions, reps, and other visual arts opportunities. Contact perspective leads. Create and send promotional material.
- Social Media – Concept, create, post and respond to content on Facebook, Twitter, social media sites.
- Blog – Update website blog. Create content.
- Website -- Update news, and product listings
- Product Photography -- Photograph work, size/organize digital images, update catalog, and line sheet.
This position requires someone with strong research skills who is able to discern venues relevant to the artist’s work and professional goals. The candidate must be self-motivated, and someone who works well independently. Must be available to work 15-20 hours/week (flexible schedule, some hours in the office, inner SE Portland); Good phone and e-mail etiquette are required, knowledge of Photoshop and Indesign is recommended.
For the intern selected, this is an opportunity to work with and learn from a full-time professional artist and develop new skills. Though the internships is unpaid, college credit is available and some additional perks may apply, such as the use of art equipment - high-end printers, computers access, photography equipment for your personal projects. For an enterprising individual the job offers commissions for increasing sales territories by gaining new reps, stores, galleries, etc.
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.